Roulette is one of the most celebrated casino games of all times. It was first introduced in 18th-century France and has been an instant hit ever since. From France, the game spread throughout Europe and America. It’s a very simple and exciting game which makes it a favorite among people who love casino games, whether it’s a real casino or online. There are two versions of the game, namely European and American. They are a little different compared to each other, but the rules are basically the same. Europeans use a single zero wheel, while Americans use the double zero wheel. Basically, roulette is nothing more than a game of chance. Though there are roulette strategies that are in existence to calculate the outcome of the game, but most of the time, luck plays the major part.
Regarding the Roulette Game
Usually, The roulette game is a staple game in casinos. 6 to 8 people can accommodate a table. The game does not require the players to know any card skill like poker, though the risks are quite the same. A roulette player can go from rags to riches in a single round, but it can also end up the other way around.
Roulette literally means “small wheel” in French which is the primary focus of the game. It’s a wheel with a tilted circular track and colored numbered pockets outline its circumference. When the game starts, the dealer spins the wheel on one direction and the ball on another. The primary aim of the game is to bet on the right number where the ball will land in at the end of the spin. Next to the wheel is a layout of the numbers on the wheel where players can set their bets. Players can place their bets until the dealer signals “no more bets” and spins the wheel.
The player can bet on a number, group of numbers, color of the roulette wheel, and odd or even. Bets are split into inside or outside bets. Inside bets involve numbers while outside bets include groups of numbers, red or black, odd or even numbers.
1. Straight up – Bet on any particular number. Chips are placed squarely on a number.
2. Split – Any bet on any two numbers next to each other. Chips are placed on the line between them either horizontally or vertically.
3. Street – Bet on any three numbers on a single line. Chips are placed at the edge of last number on the line.
4. Corner – Bet on any four numbers within in square layout. The chips are placed on the intersection between the four numbers.
5. Six line – Bet on two streets next to each other. Chips are placed in the intersection.
6. Trio – Bet on 0, 1, 2 or 0, 2, 3. The chips are placed at their intersecting points.
1. 1 to 18 – Bet on any number on the first low eighteen.
2. 19 to 36 – Bet on any number in the last high eighteen.
3. Red or Black – Bet on any color on the wheel.
4. Odd or even – Bet on an even or odd number.
5. Dozen bets – Bet on either the first, second or third setoff twelve numbers.
6. Column bets – A bet on twelve numbers at any of the vertical lines.